Skip to main content

Who is responsible for my road?

Essex County Council is responsible for highways in Brentwood.

Tel: 0345 603 7631 (Mon – Fri: 8.30am – 5pm. Outside of these times is an emergency out-of-hours service)

Some streets may have shared or private responsibility. Further information is available on the Who is responsible for my road? webpage

Report a fault on the highway - including potholes and street lighting defects

Alternatively, call 0345 603 7631.


Winter service

and get the latest advice on safe winter travel.

Brentwood Borough Council

Any enquiries pertaining to naming and numbering of roadsparking, car parks, applications for table and chair licences, and grass verge maintenance should be directed to Brentwood Borough Council. 

On Street Parking permit applications should be directed to Chelmsford City Council.

To report damage to a street nameplate please complete the below form: 

Additional contacts

Useful documents