Skip to main content

Vehicle crossings / dropped kerbs

Vehicle crossings, or dropped kerbs, are where kerbs have been lowered and the footway strengthened to allow vehicles to cross to the adjacent property.

If your property is on a classified road (A,B or Class 111 road) you will need planning permission before you apply to Essex County Council. For more information and details of how to apply are provided on the Essex Highways Vehicle Crossings website.

To find out who is responsible for a road please visit the Essex Highways website.

In addition to consent from Essex County Council, you may also require planning permission from Brentwood Borough Council.

If your road does require planning permission you will need to complete the Full Planning Application Form through the Planning Portal