Skip to main content

Stand for election

If you enjoy being part of a community and would like to make a difference and do more to help, you could become a local councillor.

You must be British, Irish, a member of the Commonwealth or other European Union country, and over 18 to stand for election.

You can either be nominated through a political party or nominate yourself as an independent, with two registered electors in support.

For more details, call Electoral Services on 01277 312752 or visit the Electoral Commission for candidate guidance.

From time to time, casual vacancies can occur on Parish Councils. These can be filled by a process of co-option if no election is called. Find out more by contacting your Parish Clerk.