Seven of the Parish Councils were scheduled to have elections in May 2023. Elections are only held if the number of valid nominations received is greater than the number of seats on the parish council.
An election was held for Navestock Parish Council on Thursday 4 May, 2023 and this was combined with the Borough Council election.
Due to the number of nominations received, no election was held in the remaining parishes. The remaining vacancies on these parish councils will be filled by co-option.
View the Notices of Uncontested Election to find the names of the parish councillors who have been elected unopposed:
- Herongate and Ingrave - nine seats (PDF)
- Ingatestone and Fryerning - fifteen seats (PDF)
- Kelvedon Hatch - eleven seats (PDF)
- Mountnessing - nine seats (PDF)
- Stondon Massey - seven seats (PDF)
- West Horndon - nine seats (PDF)
Elections are due to be held in the following parishes in 2024:
- Blackmore, Wyatts Green & Hook End
From time to time, casual vacancies can occur on Parish Councils. These can be filled by a process of co-option if no election is called. Find out more by contacting your Parish Clerk or visiting ModernGov.