Hartswood Golf Course - Brentwood
The golf course is now open and to ensure the safety of both players and staff during the coronavirus pandemic we ask that you adhere to the procedures put in place which are detailed below:
- All bulk bookings have been cancelled.
- Please pre-book by telephoning 01277 214830
- Maximum of 2 players at a time - you can play individually or as a pair, but social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Only card/contactless payments will be accepted presently in the Golf Shop. The door will be open to take payments, however the retail shop will remain closed.
- Players are not to congregate outside the Golf Shop, especially before tee time. Please remain in the main car park, ensuring social distancing is maintained.
- Do not lift or touch any of the flags on the course
- Ball washers are not available
- Bunker rakes are not available
- Twilight play is not available
Set in a beautiful parkland in King George’s Playing Fields in the heart of Brentwood, the par 70 municipal golf course, is one of the finest in the south east of England.
With ample onsite parking off the Ingrave Road entrance to the park, there are toilets on site and a cafe offering hot and cold food and drinks.
All age groups are encouraged to play at Hartswood but for safety reasons, players under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult when crossing The Avenue to play holes 3 to 11.
An option to play 9 holes is also available for players with limited physical ability subject to teeing off availability and with prior agreement with the golf shop.
For golfers interested in joining the resident Hartswood Golf Club, members will receive an additional 10% off annual season tickets. For more information, please call the Club Secretary on 01277 218850.
The Golf Shop & Tee Time Bookings
Centre Golf located on site offers a range of clothing and equipment, as well as offering private lessons and advice.
The shop is open from 7:30 am until 6.30pm in the summer months to take tee time bookings and register players. Starters are on site at the first tee until 6pm for twilight players (earlier in winter).
You can book a tee time by calling in to or phoning the golf shop on 01277 214830. Tee off times are in 7 minute intervals and run from 07:59 to 6pm in the summer months.
Annual Season Tickets
For regular players, the annual season ticket offers unlimited golf. 7 day tickets allow play Monday to Sunday, subject to course closures, and the 5 day ticket allows play Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
To purchase a new season ticket or to renew an existing season ticket, please make payment with either a debit or credit card using our online form.
Paper application forms can be picked up from the starters hut adjacent to the golf shop. Please complete fully. To make payment, please either telephone the Contact Centre on 01277 312500 (please select option 2) or submit a cheque made payable to ‘Brentwood Borough Council’ with your completed application form.
Please allow up to 7 working days for applications to be processed. You will receive either an email or letter confirmation of a renewal. For new applications, you will receive a key fob in the post which has a bar code on the back which is scanned at the golf shop to register the player and allow bookings. The new fob is matched to a photo of the season ticket holder, taken in the shop on first use, and stored on the golf booking system to confirm future golf bookings.
Golf Fees - 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2020
Annual Season Ticket
|7 Day Adult||£737.00|
|7 Day Junior (Under 18)*||£54.00|
|7 Day Intermediate (Under 25)*||£550.00|
|5 Day Adult (Monday to Friday)||£621.00|
|5 Day Concessionary* (Monday to Friday)||£503.00|
|Per round (18 Holes) Adult||£19.00|
|Per round (18 Holes) Concessionary*||£16.00|
Weekends / Public Holidays
|Per round (18 Holes) Adult & Concessions||£25.00|
|Per round (18 Holes) Concessionary After 1pm*||£16.00|
Twilight Play (After 4pm From 21 May 2020)
|Weekends / Public Holidays||£11.00|
*Concessionary rates apply to juniors under 18 years of age and for anyone aged 60 and over. Proof of age is required for concessionary rates and for the 7 day intermediate season ticket for under 25s.
- Loyalty card. Pay for ten rounds of golf and get the eleventh free. Collect your loyalty card from the golf shop before your round and start getting it stamped. The loyalty card includes concessionary day rates, but it cannot be used in conjunction with twilight play.
- 10% discount on season ticket fees for current Hartswood Golf Club members.
- An option to play 9 holes is also available for players with limited physical ability subject to teeing off availability and with prior agreement with the golf shop. Twilight fees will apply.
- Group Bookings Offer. For group bookings of 20 people or more, each person receives 25% off green fees. Please note that this offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Corporate Offer. Receive 25% discount on green fees and 10% discount on season tickets when you produce a valid employee ID from the following companies: BT / Xerox / LV / Sainsbury’s / Brentwood Borough Council / Spire Hospital / BUPA / Ford / Crest Nicholson / Countryside / Regus / Wortley Byers / Sugar Hut / Post Office / SS&C/DST (formerly IFDS) / Emergency Services/ Current Armed Forces/ Royal British Legion/ Will Protect Ltd/ Copyright Repro Ltd/ no letting go/ Paul K Porter Photography/ The Management Mechanic/ Nick's Tyres.
- Armed Services Discount. 50% discount on green fees and 10% discount on memberships for current and past serving members of the armed forces in November 2020.
Please note that Brentwood Borough Council reserve the right to amend or suspend any offer as detailed above. For further information, please contact the Council using the telephone number listed below.
Golf Shop - 01277 214830
- Tee time bookings
- Course opening times / condition
- Private lessons
Hartswood Golf Club Secretary - 01277 218850
- Club memberships
- Society bookings
Council Offices - 01277 312500 (please select option 2)
- Season ticket enquiries
- Compliments, complaints, general enquiries
Terms and Conditions for play at Hartswood.
Please be advised that a Golf Buggy Policy is in place at Hartswood. A golf buggy is available for disabled golfers to pre book and use, provided the policy is adhered to and the necessary paperwork submitted in advance. Please also note that a booking for the buggy must be made through the golf shop once the acceptance form has been signed by a delegated Council Officer.