- This Website
- Anti Social Behaviour
- External Websites
- Code of Practice on Noise from Ice Cream Van Chimes
Excessive and unwanted noise is a consequence of modern life and it can cause annoyance and even ill health. If the noise is deemed to be a nuisance, action can be taken and legally enforced to suppress the noise. Advice can also be sought in connection with the noise impact of new developments.
Further advice is available on GOV.UK
If you are experiencing a noise problem, you can contact Environmental Health's Pollution Team at the Town Hall for help and advice. Email email@example.com or phone 01277 312500 (office hours only) You will need to give the following details:
- the nature of the problem (eg loud music, banging, machinery)
- how often it occurs, the time of day and how long it goes on for
- the address that the noise is coming from
- your name, address and daytime telephone number
For information about how the Council deals with complaints about dog barking, please see the Dog Warden pages in the Animal Welfare section.