In accordance with Section 65 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, Brentwood Council hereby give notice of variation of the maximum fares and charges in respect of Hackney Carriages, effective from 15 August 2022.
Fares are calculated on a combination of distance or time or parts thereof.
- Monday to Friday between the hours 6am and 8pm.
- Saturday between the hours of 6am and 6pm.
- For the first 1338 yards (1223.5m) or 273 seconds £4.80.
- For each subsequent 211 yards (192.9m) or 43 seconds 30p.
- Monday to Friday between the hours 8pm and 11pm.
- Saturday between the hours of 6pm and 11pm.
- Sundays between 6am to 6pm.
- For first 1272 yards (1163.1m) or 257 seconds £5.30.
- For each subsequent 188 yards (171.9m) or 38 seconds 30p.
- Monday to Saturday between the hours of 11pm and 6am and at anytime on Public holidays, (except Christmas and New Year hiring’s under Tariff 4).
- Sundays between 6pm and 6am.
- For first 1224 yards (1119.2m) or 246 seconds £5.80.
- For each subsequent 169 yards (154.5m) or 34 seconds 30p.
- Between 6pm on 24 December and 6am on 27 December.
- Between 6pm on 31 December and 6am on 2 January.
- For first 1338 yards (1223.5m) or 280 seconds £9.60.
- For each subsequent 105 yards (96m) or 22 seconds 30p.
- For each person in excess of one – additional 40p.
- All journeys with five or more passengers - additional 50% of proper fare.
- London Congestion Charge and Dartford Crossing - as applied.
- Cab Soiling - inside £50, outside £20.
- Booking fee up to a maximum of £20 may be added to the proper fare where a Hackney Carriage vehicle used for private hire is used within the district.