Kerbs around the High Street have been dropped in many places and at road junctions to allow safe and easy access right across the town.
Larger shops in the High Street have automatic opening doors and entrances at the same level as the pavement.
Our Shopmobility Scheme is located at the Coptfold Road Multi-Storey Car Park on Level 3.
We have five x four-wheeler scooters.
Our Shopmobility scheme is free to sign up to and available to people with disabilities or mobility issues. A Blue Badge is not required to sign up to the scheme.
You will need to:
- bring in two forms of ID with you for your first Shopmobility Session
- pass a simple test to show that you're able to use the equipment safely and correctly
- book a scooter at least one day in advance as they're assigned on a first come first serve basis
|Day||Scooter pick up||Scooter return|
|Monday to Friday||8:30am to 2pm||3pm at the latest|
- scooters can be booked out for a maximum of four hours
- Shopmobility scooters may be returned at a later time if you're able to park the scooter in one of our secure cages and at a time agreed when collecting the scooter
- Shopmobility is not open on Public Holidays
- Parking is free for Shopmobility Members when using the service
Once signed up to Shopmobility, members are also eligible to use Parkmobility.
Parkmobility is located in:
Weald Country Park. Open every day year round, except Christmas Day and New Years Day, and we have three 4-wheel drive mobility scooters. To book a scooter, call 01277 261343.
Thorndon Country Park. There is one 4-wheeled electric scooter available. To book a scooter, call 01277 211250.
You should pre-book the Parkmobility scooters at Weald and Thorndon Country Park. The Rangers at the parks are very helpful.