Please note due to an increase in site inspection requests we are not able to offer a call 30 minute prior to arrival. If this is requested we will not be able to do this. We are able to accept requests for a morning or afternoon visit but are unable to guarantee this.
Site inspections are carried out by a Building Control Surveyor at a number of stages during the building process. This is so we can establish that the requirements of the Building Regulations have been met and will also enable a completion certificate to be issued on satisfactory completion of the project.
Notifications of inspections can be made in advance of the day the inspection is required, or prior to 10.00am if you require a same day inspection.
The stages of notification that will be required, subject to nature of the project, are:-
- Commencement of work
- Excavations/Preparation of designed foundations prior to concreting
- Oversite preparation/designed ground floor construction
- Drainage prior to backfilling
- Damp proof course (walls)
- Damp proof membrane (floor)
- Construction of upper floors
- Structural beams and columns prior to encasement
- Roof construction
- Testing of foul drainage and sanitary pipe work (when requested)
More than one inspection may be carried out at one visit, and the surveyor will be able to advise when the next inspection is required whilst on site.
You should be aware that if a person fails to give the necessary notification for an inspection they may be required to open/pull down works which prevent us from ascertaining whether any of the Regulations have been contravened.
If you have any doubts or enquires regarding when inspection notifications are required please telephone 01277 312500.