Skip to main content

Building regulations process and application forms

Do I need to make a Building Regulations application?

The majority of building work requires consent under the Building Regulations. However, some types of minor works are not subject to control. For more information, visit

Make a Building Regulations application

You can also download and print an application form:

Applications can be sent by email to On receipt of the completed application form, PDF drawings and specification details, Building Control Admin will call you to pay the fee.

Guidance notes

Further information

For advice on our fees, view Building Regulation Scheme of Charges (Fees) or call 01277 312500.

Site inspections

Site inspections are carried out to make sure the requirements of the Building Regulations have been met. A completion certificate is issued on the satisfactory completion of the project. For more information or to request a site inspection, visit Site Inspections.

Electrical works

If your application involves electrical works, it is important that these works are carried out by a registered electrician, and a Part P Electrical Certificate will be required before a Completion Certificate is issued for your works.

To make sure safe work is carried out or checked by a registered electrician, you can:

For more advice, call Brentwood Borough Council on 01277 312500.