After this period, to discourage properties standing empty for long periods of time, full rates are then payable.
This is unless the property falls into one of the following categories:
- The rateable value is less than £2,600.
- The property is held by a charity and when next in use will be occupied by a charity and used wholly or mainly for charitable purposes.
- The property is held by a community amateur sports club and when next in use will be occupied by a registered club and used wholly or mainly for the purposes of that club.
- The owner is prohibited by law from occupying the property.
- The owner is prohibited by action taken by the crown, or any other local or public authority from occupying the property.
- The property is included in the schedule of monuments complied under s.1 of the Ancient Monument and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- The owner is a company subject to a winding up order made under the insolvency act 1986.
- The property is a listed buildings.
Please contact our billing team on 01277 312500 should you require more information.