Support and advice
Helpful resources for employers and employees
- BEST Growth Hub signpost businesses to financial support
- Federation of Small Businesses gives advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) offers advice, training and grants for small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups in the South East.
- Backing Essex Business is fully-funded by Essex County Council and delivered by Let’s Do Business Group, Backing Essex Business can provide SMEs with up to 12 hours of fully-funded advice and guidance.
- Essex Trading Standards is part of Essex County Council and responsible for making sure businesses and consumers understand their legal rights and responsibilities in relation to legislation that falls within its remit
- Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) helps businesses become more competitive and profitable while protecting the environment and encouraging low carbon solutions
- The KEEP+ programme provides businesses with flexible opportunities for innovation with a focus on the development of new products and services
- The Manufacturing Growth Programme provides free advice and support funding to SMEs in the manufacturing sector. A team of Business Navigators meet you at your business premises to discuss your needs and identify ways to help your business to succeed and grow. Get advice on grants, loans and up-to-date latest business support opportunities in your area, as well as news and events.
You can call the government’s Business Support Helpline for free advice on 0300 456 3565. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
HMRC operates a helpline for businesses on 0800 0159 559.
For more guidance, email email@example.com.