If you need urgent mental health support, call NHS 111 and select option 2 to speak with a mental health practitioner. You can also text 'SHOUT' to 85258.
- Thurrock and Brentwood Mind - a mental health charity with a support hub in Warley that helps people living in Thurrock and Brentwood, with mental health problems
- VitaMinds - works in partnership with the NHS to bring free short term talking therapies to residents
- TuckIN - Local food providers who have committed to make food better
Other useful information
- Active Essex - is the Physical Activity and Sports partnership for Essex, Southend and Thurrock, who work collaboratively with local partners to ensure the power of physical activity and sport can transform lives
- Children's and Adolescent's Mental Health Service (CAMHS) - provides advice and support to children, young people and families regarding their emotional wellbeing or mental health difficulties
- Community Winter Warmth and Welcome Spaces Fund - is a small local grants programme funded by Essex County Council and is being delivered on their behalf by the Essex Association of Local Councils. The £100,000 fund is for grants of up to £1,000 to support the provision of Winter Warmth and Welcome Spaces and activities for local communities in Essex. These can be the creation of new spaces and activities to support existing ones.
- Essex Community Tree - is a network of partner organisations who provide support for people experiencing mental ill-health or related problems and show you where support is available in your area
- Essex Highways - travelling around on two feet for free
- Essex Highways - money saving tips for travelling on public transport
- Essex Highways - money saving tips for travelling on two wheels
- Essex Police: domestic abuse - find out what classes as domestic abuse, how to report it and how, under Clare’s Law, you can find out if a partner has a history of domestic violence or abuse
- Essex Police: report a crime - if you’ve witnessed or been the victim of crime, please report it to Essex Police
- Essex Wellbeing Service - Essex residents who are registered with a GP and are aged 16 years and over, can receive health and wellbeing support such as quit smoking, social isolation support, weight management or help with day-to-day needs
- Guide to staying well this winter - health advice over the winter months
- Gov.uk: cost of living
- Kooth - Free, safe and anonymous online counselling and emotional wellbeing platform for children and young people
- NELFT NHS Foundation Trust - cost of living assistance
- NHS: Better Health - healthy changes start with little changes. Whether you want to lose weight, get active or quit smoking, Better Health has lots of free tools and support
- NHS: Every Mind Matters - There are things that we can all do to look after our mental health. The site provides expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing
- Peabody - provides free support, information and advice for people with housing related issues. This could include managing your tenancy, getting out of debt, or finding work.
- Samaritans - provides telephone support for people who are struggling to cope. Support is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Special Needs and Parents - an Essex charity for families with children and young people who have any additional need or disability