There are different ways that you can reduce your energy costs to go green and enjoy the borough's green spaces.
Reducing food waste
Planning meals and creating a mindful plan when shopping can reduce waste.
- Olio app - connects neighbours and local retailers so surplus food can be shared
- Too good to go app - enables cafes, restaurants and shops to sell uneaten meals at reduced rates
- Energy Saving Trust - a helpful guide to draught-proofing
- EON Energy: Green Homes Grant
- Essex County Council Sustainable Warmth scheme
- Gov.uk: Sustainable Warmth Scheme - retrofitting houses to improve their EPC, eligible for low-income households
- Ofgem - actions for saving energy
- The Guardian: 50 simple ways to make your life greener
- Energy Saving Tips from Axis Property Services