Am I required to make a Building Regulations application?

The majority of building work requires consent under the Building Regulations; however some types of minor works are not subject to control. Further information is available on the government website.

Make a Building Regulations application

To make an application for Building Control Services, please select the appropriate online form below:

Submit a building notice application

Submit a full plans submission application

Submit a regularisation certificate application

Submit a notice of intended demolition

Alternatively, you may download and print a pdf application form:

Applications can be sent electronically to On receipt of the completed application form, PDF drawings and specification details, Building Control Admin will phone you for the required payment.

Please see Building Regulation Scheme of Charges (Fees) or call 01277 312500 for advice on our fees.

Site inspections

Site inspections are carried out to establish that the requirements of the Building Regulations have been met. A completion certificate is issued on the satisfactory completion of the project. Further information and how to request a site inspection can be found on the Site Inspections web page.

Electrical works

If your application involves electrical works, it is important that these works are carried out by a registered electrician, and a Part P Electrical Certificate will be required before a Completion Certificate is issued for your works. Please see the two links below for further information on how to ensure safe work is carried out by a registered electrician or checked by one:

For further advice please telephone 01277 312500.