Building regulations process and application forms
Am I required to make a Building Regulations application?
The majority of building work requires consent under the Building Regulations; however some types of minor works are not subject to control. Further information is available on the government website.
Make a Building Regulations application
To make an application for Building Control Services, please select the appropriate online form below:
Alternatively, you may download and print a pdf application form:
- Building Notice - pdf application
- Full Plans Submission - pdf application
- Regularisation Certificate - pdf application
- Notice of Intended Demolition - pdf notice
Applications can be sent electronically to email@example.com. On receipt of the completed application form, PDF drawings and specification details, Building Control Admin will phone you for the required payment.
Site inspections are carried out to establish that the requirements of the Building Regulations have been met. A completion certificate is issued on the satisfactory completion of the project. Further information and how to request a site inspection can be found on the Site Inspections web page.
If your application involves electrical works, it is important that these works are carried out by a registered electrician, and a Part P Electrical Certificate will be required before a Completion Certificate is issued for your works. Please see the two links below for further information on how to ensure safe work is carried out by a registered electrician or checked by one:
- Find a registered electrician - A register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes Registered Competent Person website
- General guidance - For general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats Electrical Safety First website
For further advice please telephone 01277 312500.