Building regulations process and application forms
Do I need to make a Building Regulations application?
The majority of building work requires consent under the Building Regulations. However, some types of minor works are not subject to control. For more information, visit Gov.uk.
Make a Building Regulations application
You can also download and print an application form:
- Building Notice application (PDF)
- Full Plans Submission application (PDF)
- Regularisation Certificate application (PDF)
- Notice of Intended Demolition application (PDF)
Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com. On receipt of the completed application form, PDF drawings and specification details, Building Control Admin will call you to pay the fee.
Site inspections are carried out to make sure the requirements of the Building Regulations have been met. A completion certificate is issued on the satisfactory completion of the project. For more information or to request a site inspection, visit Site Inspections.
If your application involves electrical works, it is important that these works are carried out by a registered electrician, and a Part P Electrical Certificate will be required before a Completion Certificate is issued for your works.
To make sure safe work is carried out or checked by a registered electrician, you can:
- view the register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes by visiting Electrical Competent Person
- get general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats by visiting Electrical Safety First
For more advice, call Brentwood Borough Council on 01277 312500.