Priority service for vulnerable people
Some people may need extra support during a power cut. If UK Power Networks know where you are, they can help. UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England making sure your lights stay on. They hold a list (called the Priority Services Register) of thousands of customers who would feel particularly vulnerable during a power cut and provide them extra support if needed.
They can’t get your power back on more quickly but they can:
- Offer you a special priority phone number that you can call if you do have a power cut
- Keep you updated during a power cut, either by text messages or calling you
- With your agreement, they can ask the British Red Cross to visit your home for extra help and support
Who can apply?
- Customers who are dependent on medical equipment
- Customers who are chronically sick
- Customers with a disability
- Customers who are blind or visually impaired
- Customers who are deaf
- Customers with young babies
- Customers in nursing or residential homes
- Customers who are elderly
They will consider other cases too if you think you would feel particularly vulnerable during a power cut.
How to apply
If you or someone you know, meets our criteria above and lives in London, the South East of England or the East of England then please apply by either: