Hartswood golf course
Summer 2021 - Parking at King George's Playing Fields is limited during the construction period currently underway. Please walk, cycle or use public transport to access the park where possible.
To ensure the safety of both players and staff during the coronavirus pandemic we ask that you adhere to the procedures put in place which are detailed below:
- Tee times must be pre-booked in advance by telephoning 01277 214830 or by visiting the Golf Shop.
- Face masks must be worn in the Golf Shop at all times with a maximum of two golfers permitted inside at any given time.
- Maximum of 4 players at a time but social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Only card/contactless payments will be accepted presently in the Golf Shop.
- Players are not to congregate outside the Golf Shop, especially before tee time. Please remain in the main car park, ensuring social distancing is maintained.
- Do not lift or touch any of the flags on the course.
- Ball washers are not available.
- Bunker rakes are not available.
Set in a beautiful parkland in King George’s Playing Fields in the heart of Brentwood, the par 70 municipal golf course, is one of the finest in the south east of England.
With onsite parking off the Ingrave Road entrance to the park, there are toilets on site and a cafe offering hot and cold food and drinks.
All age groups are encouraged to play at Hartswood but for safety reasons, players under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult when crossing The Avenue to play holes 3 to 11.
For golfers interested in joining the resident Hartswood Golf Club, members will receive an additional 10% off annual season tickets. For more information, please call the Club Secretary on 01277 218850.