Skip to main content

Details of other types of licensing

The Licensing Section is often asked about licensing schemes which are administered by other bodies. The links below are provided to assist you if the type of licence you are enquiring about is not issued by this Council.

The list is not comprehensive but seeks to address the most frequent queries. If you would like to suggest additional entries, please email

Skips and scaffolding - Essex County Council

PRS music licence - Performing Right Society - - 0800 068 4828

PPL Licence - Phonographic Performance Ltd - - 0800 064 6470

CCTV under Data Protection Act - Information Commissioner - - 01625 545745

Fishing rod licences - Environment Agency - buy your licence on line. You can also buy a rod licence from any Post Office in England and Wales, or by telephoning the sales line: 0870 1662 662.

Goods Vehicle Operator's Licence - Traffic Commissioner - Eastern Traffic Area, Hillcrest House, 386 Harehills Lane, Leeds, LS9 6NF- 0870 606 0440.

Wildlife management - Natural England now issue licences relating to birds, eggs, mammals, etc that were previously issued by DEFRA under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 - Details on the Natural England website.