Skip to main content

Council tax and benefits

  • If you're receiving Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or Council Tax Reduction, we may ask you to review your circumstances and make sure your details are up to date.

  • The privacy notice for our Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefit e-services

  • How to pay your council tax, council tax bands, are you eligible for a discount and more.

  • Information on where you can get help and advice if you are experiencing financial difficulties.

  • The Government has announced £150 payment to help with rising energy costs. The discretionary rebate scheme has now closed.

  • Find out about housing benefit and how to claim.

  • Find out if you can claim housing benefit, council tax support or council tax reduction.

  • Find out if you can claim local housing allowance.

  • Find out if you are entitled to council tax support and how to claim.

  • Universal Credit is a single payment for people who are looking for work or on a low income.

  • Use our online tool to send copies of documents or photographs to us.

  • Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is a discount scheme for persons of working age.

  • How to report council tax, council tax support, housing benefit and housing tenancy fraud.