Skip to main content

Report a planning breach

You can report online if you would like our enforcement team to investigate a possible breach of planning rules.

Before reporting, you should first check whether planning permission has been granted: 

If you believe on-going development work is taking place without planning permission, you can report it to us using the form below:

Your details will be kept confidential at all stages of the investigation, and will remain confidential after the investigation has been completed. Your complaint may not be dealt with unless full details are given.

Anonymous or vexatious complaints will not normally be investigated unless they allege serious breaches of planning control that can be verified. We ask that you don't complain anonymously because we like to let you know what is happening.