Skip to main content

Anti-social behaviour

Why is tackling anti-social behaviour a priority?

The Council and the Community Safety Partnership are committed to ensure Brentwood is a better place to live, work and visit.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour can include:

  • Litter
  • Fly tipping
  • Graffiti or vandalism
  • Intimidation or harassment
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Illegal street trading
  • Alcohol, tobacco or fireworks being sold to children
  • Drinking on the street

How to report anti-social behaviour

If you feel you are in immediate danger, call the police on 999

Report anti-social behaviour online using the links provided below:

Reporting anti-social behaviour occurring in a council property or on council housing land

We takematters of harassment and nuisance seriously, so if you are suffering nuisance caused by a council tenant or another leaseholder, we advise you to contact us by completing the online form below:

It is often the case that a solution to the problem will be found by offering mediation between the person(s) making the complaint and the person(s) causing the nuisance. However, if no solution can be found and the nuisance continues, then we may ultimately apply to the Courts for forfeiture of the lease of the person causing the nuisance, or in the case of a tenant, eviction from their rented property.

To report an incident that is not included in the list above please complete the our general enquiry form below and your report will be passed to the appropriate service or agency.

Alternatively you can telephone Essex Police on 101 (for non emergencies), the Council on 01277 312500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

If you would like further information please view our Anti-Social Behaviour Policy - 2019 pdf.

Anti-social behaviour case review

If you have already reported a problem to the Council, police or housing provider you can request for your case to be reviewed.  For further information please view the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review webpage.

Victim support

Victim Support provides a free service, which is independent of the police and courts and is available to anyone that requires help to cope with the effects of crime.