Adopted Local Plan
Brentwood Local Plan 2016-2033
The Final Inspectors' Report was received on 23 February 2022 and the Plan was found to be sound with the recommended main modifications. At the Extraordinary Council meeting on 23 March 2022, the Council voted to adopt the Plan.
The Brentwood Local Plan 2016-2033 now forms part of the statutory development plan, which means it has full weight in determining planning applications and supersedes the Brentwood Replacement Local Plan, August 2005 (Saved Policies, August 2008).
Please see below the adopted Local Plan along with the associated Policies Map, adoption statement and Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement and copies of associated Sustainability Appraisal Reports.
- Brentwood Local Plan 2016-2033
- Policies Map
- Local Plan Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
Sustainability Appraisal Reports
- Core Strategy Issues and Options SA (Nov 2009)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Brentwood Borough Local Plan Scoping Report (May 2013)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Brentwood Borough Local Plan Interim SA Report (Aug 2013)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Brentwood Borough Local Plan Interim SA Report (Jan 2015)
- Draft Local Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (Feb 2016)
- Draft Local Plan Preferred Site Allocations Interim Sustainability Appraisal (Jan 2018)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Pre Submission Local Plan (Jan 2019)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre Submission Local Plan (Oct 2019)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan (Oct 2019)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan SA Report Addendum (Sep 2021)
Local plan examination & previous local plan documents
All documentation from the local plan examination is available to view on the local plan examination webpages.
Online versions of documents produced since 2013 and consultation comments received can be viewed on our local plan consultation portal.