Local Development Plan
The Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan for the Borough which, once adopted, will supersede saved policies in the current Replacement Local Plan (2005).
The Plan will set out polices, proposals and site allocations to guide future development in the Borough. It will enable the Council to manage growth while protecting key areas. Among other things, the Plan will include policies to deliver.
- Housing and economic growth requirements
- Retail, leisure and other commercial development
- Infrastructure for transport and utilities (such as energy, telecoms, and water)
- Local community facilities (such as local shops, schools and healthcare)
- Conservation and protection of the natural and historic environment, and
- Climate change and provision of renewable energy.
Local Plan Consultation
Preparation of the Local Plan has reached the Publication stage. The opportunity to make representations on the soundness and legal compliance of the Local Plan closed onTuesday 19 March 2019.
Consultation responses are currently being processed.
Please use the link below to view the Brentwood PreSubmission Local Plan 2016-2033 (Regulation 19):
Alternatively, PDF versions of the Pre-Submission Local Plan and accompanying documents can be viewed using the links below:
- PreSubmission Local Plan (2019)
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Habitats Regulation Assessment of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents
- Duty to Cooperate Position Statement (Regulation 19)
- Health Impact Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Links to supporting documents are provided under Supporting Information below, including work so far on the Local Plan.
It is vital that the Local Plan is supported by up to date and robust evidence. Several technical studies have been undertaken to inform the emerging Local Plan and provide evidence when considering planning applications. The Plan is also supported by other documents set out below.
- Work so far
- Planning guidance documents
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The Local Development Scheme sets out the Council's timetable for preparing the Local Plan and other planning policy documents. The most recent version was approved in November 2018 and can be viewed below.