Local Development Plan
The Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan for the Borough which, once adopted, will supersede saved policies in the current Replacement Local Plan (2005).
The Plan will set out polices, proposals and site allocations to guide future development in the Borough. It will enable the Council to manage growth while protecting key areas. Among other things, the Plan will include policies to deliver.
- Housing and economic growth requirements
- Retail, leisure and other commercial development
- Infrastructure for transport and utilities (such as energy, telecoms, and water)
- Local community facilities (such as local shops, schools and healthcare)
- Conservation and protection of the natural and historic environment, and
- Climate change and provision of renewable energy.
Local Plan Consultation
Preparation of the Local Plan has now reached the Publication stage. Representations on the soundness and legal compliance of the Local Plan are invited from Tuesday 5 February 2019 to 5pm Tuesday 19 March 2019.
Use the link below to view and comment on the Brentwood Local Plan 2016 to 2033, PreSubmission, Regulation 19.
Alternatively, PDF versions of the Pre-Submission Local Plan 2019 and accompanying documents can be viewed using the links below.
- PreSubmission Local Plan 2019
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Habitats Regulation Assessment of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents
- Duty to Cooperate Position Statement Regulation 19
- Health Impact Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Links to supporting documents are provided under Supporting Information below, including work so far on the Local Plan.
How to make comments
The best way to make comments is online using our Local Plan Consultation Portal.
Comments can also be submitted by completing a representation form, available to download below, and returning this to us by email or by post.
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Local Plan consultation, Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Brentwood, CM15 8AY
Please note that comments must be submitted and received by us no later than 5pm on Tuesday 19 March 2019.
Drop in events
The Council will be running a number of Local Plan Drop-in sessions, as set out below, where staff will be available to answer specific questions of the Local Plan.
- Brentwood Town Centre, Baytree Shopping Centre, Unit 13, CM14 4BX, Friday 1 March 2019, 11am - 4pm
- Brentwood Town Centre, Baytree Shopping Centre, Unit 13, CM14 4BX, Saturday 2 March 2019, 10am - 3pm
- West Horndon, St Francis Church, Christabella Wing, CM13 3TR, Wednesday 6 March 2019, 7pm to 9pm
Town Centre Design Guide Consultation
The Council is also consulting on the Brentwood Town Centre Design Guide, Supplementary Planning Document. The document is published for consultation for six weeks from Tuesday 5 February 2019 to 5pm on Tuesday 19 March 2019. Further information including a copy of the document and details on how to respond can be found using the link below.
It is vital that the Local Plan is supported by up to date and robust evidence. Several technical studies have been undertaken to inform the emerging Local Plan and provide evidence when considering planning applications. The Plan is also supported by other documents set out below.
- Work so far
- Planning guidance documents
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The Local Development Scheme sets out the Council's timetable for preparing the Local Plan and other planning policy documents. The most recent version was approved in November 2018 and can be viewed below.