- Building Control Advice Folder - 2012 (5.85 Mb)
Building Control Services
On behalf of Brentwood Borough Council, Building Control ensures that newly erected or altered buildings, whether residential, commercial or industrial, are safe and fit for people to live and work in.
The key functions of Building Control Services are:
Building Regulations - These deal mainly with Health and Safety matters in the interest of the people who will use the building.
- Structural stability
- Fire safety
- Site preparation, resistance to contaminants and resistance to moisture
- Toxic substances
- Sound resistance
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Conservation of fuel and power
- Glazing safety
- Access to and use of buildings
- Electrical safety
In addition to the above functions Building Control Services also deal with:
- Dangerous structures
Please complete our questionnaire to enable us to monitor and improve our service to meet the needs of you, the customer.