Please follow the links below for information about:
You can also find useful information on these sites:
- Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Natural England
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- People's Dispensary for Sick Animals
- Wood Green Animal Shelter
- Cats Protection League
- Pussy Cat Lodge
Sick animals should be taken to a vet. Although we are unable to recommend particular businesses, the details below are provided to assist pet owners.
- Best Friends, 24 Chelmsford Road, Shenfield. 01277 221193
- House and Jackson, Rookery Road, Blackmore. 01277 823808
- Orchid Veterinary Surgery, 309 Ongar Road, Brentwood. 01277 227462
South Essex Wildlife Hospital. This is a charity organisation run by volunteers which can offer medical attention for wild animals, regardless of the size of the animal - hedgehog or deer.
The South Essex Wild Life Hospital, which receives many patients via the RSPCA, is based in Orsett and can be contacted on 01375 893893.
Natural England advises on wildlife issues, helps to enforce wildlife laws and issues licences and notices.
To report suspected poisoning of wildlife, companion animals and beneficial insects, phone Natural England on 0800 321600.
Further information can be found on the Natural England website.