- This Website
- Assisted Household Refuse Collections
Bulky Household Waste Collections
Brentwood Borough Council provides a collection service for old, unusable items of furniture and domestic appliances such as fridges and freezers. Please see below for list of items that can be collected.
To arrange for a bulky household waste collection please complete our Online Booking Form and Terms and Conditions.
The charges are £10.80 per item with a minimum charge of £21.60.
If you have booked and paid for a collection by Monday, your bulky household waste item(s) will be collected on the Thursday of that week. Otherwise they will be collected on the following Thursday. Please note collections may be delayed when there is a public holiday. Brentwood Borough Council cannot be held responsible for items being collected by a third party in advance of your special collection.
All items can be only collected from a visible location outside the property and must be put out by 7.30am. Items will be collected any time between 7:30am to 3:30pm.
We are able to collect the following items:
- Barbecue (gas canisters not accepted)
- Bath – plastic/acrylic only
- Bed base
- Bed Folding
- Bench – wooden
- Bookcase (no glass)
- Carpet - please call 01277 312500 (option 2) as site visit will be required
- Chair - Indoor
- Chest of Drawers
- Cooker – up to 600mm standard size only
- Display Unit - One Unit
- Dressing Table (no glass or mirrors)
- Exercise Bike
- Freezer - Upright or Chest (American or industrial freezers not accepted)
- Fridge (American or industrial fridges not accepted)
- Fridge Freezer (American or industrial fridge/freezers not accepted)
- Lawnmower - domestic (not industrial)
- Linoleum - One Room
- Oven/Hob - Single Gas or Electric
- Satellite Dish Aerial - Domestic
- Sofa/settee (motorised not accepted)
- Step Ladder – up to 5 steps only
- Table - Coffee
- Table - Dining (including chairs)- £21.60 the set
- Table - Garden (including chairs) - £21.60 the set
- Television Aerial
- Television Stand
- Tumble Dryer
- Underlay - One Room
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Wardrobe - One unit (no glass/ mirrors)
- Washing Machine
Please Note: Please be mindful when placing porous items such as sofas and mattresses outside prior to the day of collection as items may be too heavy to collect if waterlogged.
We are unable to collect the following items:
- American or industrial fridge/freezers
- Garden sheds/ Green Houses
- Garden Waste
- Gas Canisters
- Storage Heaters
- Construction and Trade Waste/ Hardcore
- Surf boards
- Motorised treadmills
- Mirrors/ windows/ glass cabinets
For further information please see our Terms and Conditions. Please note the above list is not exhaustive and you can call 01277 312500 (option 2) if your item does not appear on either of these lists to check before booking.
The local Civic Amenity/Recycling Centres will accept your bulky items free of charge. Further information is available on the Recycle for Essex website or contact their Waste Helpline on 0345 603 7625.
Lighthouse Furniture Project Ltd are a not for profit Social Enterprise and Registered Charity that provides good quality furniture and household items to those on low incomes. They are able to do this by receiving and collecting furniture and other items generously given by local people.
Telephone: 01277 222050