Elections in 2021
The 2020 elections were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The following elections are therefore scheduled to be held on Thursday 6th May 2021:
- Essex County Council (four divisions)
- Brentwood Borough Council (twelve wards)
- Election of a Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner for Essex
- Blackmore, Hook End & Wyatts Green Parish Council and Doddinghurst Parish Council
Not able to go to the polling station on 6th May?
You can apply for a postal vote or appoint someone as your proxy to vote on your behalf. Find out more:
Please note that applications to vote by post in these elections must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021. Applications to appoint someone to vote on your behalf as your proxy must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
For information on the 2019 and earlier elections - see Election Results
Registering to vote
- Not yet registered to vote? Register online NOW
- Individual Electoral Registration - more about the new legislation which came into force in 2014
- Find out more about the Register of Electors. The current register can normally be inspected during office hours at the Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood. As the offices are currently shut due to the coronavirus situation, please contact the Elections Team via email if you have a query: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is eligible to vote?
- Privacy Statement - General Data Protection Regulation
Parliamentary constituency consultation
The Boundary Commission for England has carried out a consultation about its proposals for changes to the Parliamentary constituencies. Find out more from their website: