Local Development Plan
The Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan for the Borough which, once adopted, will supersede saved policies in the current Replacement Local Plan (2005).
The Plan will set out polices, proposals and site allocations to guide future development in the Borough. It will enable the Council to manage growth while protecting key areas. Among other things, the Plan will include policies to deliver.
- Housing and economic growth requirements
- Retail, leisure and other commercial development
- Infrastructure for transport and utilities (such as energy, telecoms, and water)
- Local community facilities (such as local shops, schools and healthcare)
- Conservation and protection of the natural and historic environment, and
- Climate change and provision of renewable energy.
Local Plan Consultation
Consultation on the Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre-Submission Local Plan (Regulation 19, February 2019) closed on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
Consultation responses are currently being processed.
Please use the link below to view the Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre-Submission Local Plan:
Alternatively, a PDF version of the Addendum of Focussed Changes and accompanying documents can be viewed using the links below:
- Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre Submission Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Addendum
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents
- Health Impact Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Links to supporting documents are provided under Supporting Information below, including work so far on the Local Plan.
For further information please view our Privacy Notice.
It is vital that the Local Plan is supported by up to date and robust evidence. Several technical studies have been undertaken to inform the emerging Local Plan and provide evidence when considering planning applications. The Plan is also supported by other documents set out below.
- Work so far
- Guidance documents
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The Local Development Scheme sets out the Council's timetable for preparing the Local Plan and other planning policy documents. The most recent version can be viewed below.