Local Development Plan
The Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan for the Borough which, once adopted, will supersede saved policies in the current Replacement Local Plan (2005).
The Plan will set out polices, proposals and site allocations to guide future development in the Borough. It will enable the Council to manage growth while protecting key areas. Among other things, the Plan will include policies to deliver.
- Housing and economic growth requirements
- Retail, leisure and other commercial development
- Infrastructure for transport and utilities (such as energy, telecoms, and water)
- Local community facilities (such as local shops, schools and healthcare)
- Conservation and protection of the natural and historic environment, and
- Climate change and provision of renewable energy.
Local Plan Consultation
The Council is currently consulting on an Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre Submission Local Plan (Regulation 19, February 2019). This is available for public comment between Tuesday 15 October and Tuesday 26 November 2019.
Responding online is the quickest and easiest way to comment. You can view the Addendum of Focussed Changes and respond by using the Consultation Portal link below:
Alternatively, a PDF version of the Addendum of Focussed Changes and accompanying documents can be viewed using the links below:
- Addendum of Focussed Changes to the Pre Submission Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Brentwood Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Addendum
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents
- Health Impact Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Links to supporting documents are provided under Supporting Information below, including work so far on the Local Plan.
How to make comments
The easiest way to make comments is online using our Local Plan Consultation Portal.
Comments can also be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council welcomes representations on these focussed changes. The Council will not accept representations on the Pre Submission Local Plan that are not related to the focussed changes or that repeat a representation already submitted by that person.
If you have made representations to the Pre Submission Local Plan these remain relevant and will be submitted as part of the Local Plan Examination in Public. All representations are now available to view on the Local Plan Consultation Portal.
Privacy and Data Protection
The Council has a duty to collect your information under the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 and any comments you make will be a matter of public record. Please note whilst all personal contact details will be treated as confidential, each comment and the name of the person who made them will be featured on the Council's website.
Your comments, including you name, address and contact details will be shared with the Planning Inspectorate and Programme Officer. Please advise us if you do not wish your information to be shared, however this means that your comments will be withdrawn.
By submitting a representation, you are agreeing to the above conditions.
For further information please view our Privacy Notice.
It is vital that the Local Plan is supported by up to date and robust evidence. Several technical studies have been undertaken to inform the emerging Local Plan and provide evidence when considering planning applications. The Plan is also supported by other documents set out below.
- Work so far
- Guidance documents
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The Local Development Scheme sets out the Council's timetable for preparing the Local Plan and other planning policy documents. The most recent version can be viewed below.