Brentwood Borough Council Environment - Street Cleansing - Service Standards
Breadcrumb, my location
- All adopted highways in urban areas will be inspected and cleansed, where necessary, on a fifteen working day basis.
- All rural roads will be inspected and cleansed, where necessary, on a three monthly basis.
- All adopted roads will be mechanically swept every 3 months.
- Main and other retail areas will be inspected and cleansed daily including emptying of litter bins. (Some exemptions on Sunday will apply)
- All litter bins located on adopted highways will be emptied on a weekly basis.
- A12 & A127 lay-bys will be cleansed weekly.
- Any accumulations of litter on adopted highways will be dealt with in accordance with the 'Third Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse'.
- All staff will be polite and courteous.
- Fly-tips on adopted highways will be cleared by the next working day. Larger fly-tips causing obstructions on the highway may be moved to the side of the road to allow access and will take up to 5 days to clear.
- Fly-tips on adopted highways of hazardous waste will take up to 5 days to clear.
- Excessive weed growth on adopted highways will be treated within one month of being reported.
- Offensive graffiti on Council street furniture such as litter bins, road signs will be assessed within 1 working day of being notified and action will be taken within 5 working days.
- Illegal signage, such as flyposting, will be removed as soon as possible after notification.