Brentwood Station Area Mobile Network
Many people will be aware that the area around Brentwood railway station has had a significant drop in the quality of the mobile phone signal since the summer. Some have contacted the Borough Council to question why this has happened.
The following is a summary of how this has occurred:
- Developer of Ewing House served notice on mobile network operators to remove base station from building October 2018 - removal date end June 2020
- Prior notification applications for installation of telecommunications apparatus at Pastoral Way and Coptfold Road submitted by Vodafone/O2 to Brentwood Borough Council December 2019
- Prior notification applications refused January 2020 for reason of unacceptable siting and appearance
- Revised prior notification application for installation of telecommunications apparatus at Coptfold Road by Vodafone/O2 refused June 2020 for reason of unacceptable siting and appearance
- Prior notification application for installation of telecommunications apparatus at Masefield Court by EE/Three refused July 2020 for reason of unacceptable siting and appearance
- Erection of temporary telecommunications equipment by Vodafone, O2, EE, Three to restore signal and not requiring planning permission - no firm timescale provided
For a more detailed explanation please view the full committee report.