COVID-19 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme
The Government has introduced a Test and Trace Support Payment to support people in employment that have been instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from Monday 28 September 2020 and meet the qualifying criteria.
The qualifying criteria that must be met are:
- have been asked to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- be currently receiving any of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- must have engaged with test and trace to complete the contact tracing journey, the link to do this will be on the text or email received from Test and Trace
We are only able to consider applications from individuals who have a valid notification from NHS Test and Trace. The applicant will be required to supply the 8 digit reference number which will be verified prior to payment being issued.
Qualifying persons will receive £500 as a lump sum payment, regardless of the amount of lost income.
The application is for one person only meeting all of the above criteria. Any further members of the household also meeting the criteria will need to make their own application.
Please note an application can be made at any time up to 14 days after the period of self-isolation ended. The Council will not accept any applications after this point.
Unfortunately our Test and Trace Payment Discretionary scheme has now closed, no further applications can be considered.