- This Website
- Data Protection - Privacy Notice
COVID-19 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme
Test and trace application processing times
We are currently receiving very high volumes of applications for the Test and Trace Support Payments. All applications are processed in date order. Please help us to process your application quicker by making sure you have uploaded all of your supporting documents when completing your online application. Not giving us all of the correct information causes delays. Current processing times are delayed due to the high volume of cases that we are receiving. Failure to provide the mandatory supporting documents at the time of application, will result in your application being rejected.
We thank you for your patience.
The Government has introduced a Test and Trace Support Payment to support people in employment that have been instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from Monday 28 September 2020 and meet the qualifying criteria.
The qualifying criteria that must be met are:
- have been asked to stay at home and self-isolate
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- be currently receiving any of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- must have engaged with test and trace to complete the contact tracing journey, the link to do this will be on the text or email received from Test and Trace
We are only able to consider applications from individuals who have a valid notification from NHS Test and Trace. The applicant will be required to supply the 8 digit reference number which will be verified prior to payment being issued.
Qualifying persons will receive £500 as a lump sum payment, regardless of the amount of lost income.
The application is for one person only meeting all of the above criteria. Any further members of the household also meeting the criteria will need to make their own application.
Please note an application can be made at any time up to 28 days after the first day of self-isolation. The Council will not accept any applications after this point.
The government has set out that the following supporting evidence (electronic evidence such as scanned images, photo images, screenshots) must be supplied with the application for the Test and Trace Support Payment:
- your unique eight-digit ID number provided by NHS Test and Trace asking that you self-isolate (this will include your Unique ID number)
- recent proof that you are receiving one of the qualifying benefits (If applicable)
- a recent bank statement (which shows the full name on the account, the full account number and sort code)
- recent proof of employment (most recent payslip), or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact.
How to upload evidence after applying to support your claim
If you are unable to supply the supporting evidence required at the time of submitting the application, evidence can be uploaded via our online evidence upload form.