Neighbourhood Action Team
The Neighbourhood Action Team is responsible for taking a pro-active role in the cleanliness and appearance of the Borough's streets, public open spaces and woodlands, ensuring that Brentwood is a clean and green place for all to enjoy.
Their work is on top of the daily scheduled work currently carried out by the Grounds and Street Cleansing teams, to enhance existing features and assets.
The Neighbourhood Action Team enhances the work of the Operational teams that already work hard to keep the streets of Brentwood clean and green. The work carried out creates a visual impact within wards making Brentwood a cleaner and greener place for all to enjoy.
If you know of an area that would benefit from their work, this is a great opportunity for you to highlight to your Ward members details of hot spots that require attention within your ward who will advise the Neighbourhood Action Team's manager who will endeavour to schedule work in subject to resources. To find your local councillor go to My Property.
Examples of types of work the team will carry out:
- Cutting back vegetation, including site lines and hedges:
- Edging pathways (All year round)
- Planting trees and shrubs (Autumn/Winter only, irrigation will be required if at other times)
- Weeding flower beds (Dry conditions only)
- Bulb planting (October for bulbs, April in the green i.e snowdrops)
- Reinstatement of verges (please note this is an ECC function however will undertake emergency reinstatements)
- Shrub pruning (Winter/Autumn or Spring after flowering)
- Application of wood chip to shrub beds (weed control)
- De-suckering of trees and lifting crowns
- Painting of play equipment, litter bins, benches and railings
- Installation of benches
- Blitz litter picking
- Bubble gum removal
- Graffiti on Council property
- Cleaning and repairing signs
- Post installations
- Picking up Fly tips
- Deep cleansing
- Clearing culverts
- Painting i.e. railings
The team may assist in educational Environmental Awareness Days, i.e. supervising pupils in a litter pick to promote the message of taking pride in your town, school, parks etc.
Examples of jobs the Team will not be carrying out:
- Pot holes (Essex County Council)
- Unblocking gullies (Essex Council Council)
- Mending broken kerbs (Essex County Council)
- High level tree work
- Graffiti on private buildings
- Garden clearances
- Grass cutting (this will be carried out by current Grounds team)
- Working on private or unadopted areas within the Borough
- Collecting bulky waste
- Weed killing (on Highway schedule)