When visiting the market please ensure you practice social distancing and adhere to government guidance.
It is each stall holders responsibility to adhere to the guidance and operate safe working practices. The guidance may be subject to change at any time and it is therefore necessary to continue to check the government website for any updates.
Brentwood Borough Council has Risk Assessed the opening of the market and will require the following to be undertaken by each stall before trading is permitted:
- Stall holders may be allocated a different pitch to allow for sufficient social distancing and queue management.
- Set up and take down times remain the same, but this may be staggered if deemed necessary to allow for social distancing.
- Stalls to provide adequate hand washing/sanitisation facilities/products for both customers and staff.
- To display adequate hand washing, social distancing, other relevant COVID-19 signage on the stall in clearly visible locations, or as directed by Brentwood Borough Council.
- No trading must take place outside the curtilage of the stall/allocated pitch.
- A written risk assessment must be undertaken of the stall, which must include the following points:
- Consideration of the laying out out the stall to maximize the opportunity for social distancing. The approach taken will be different depending on stock type but each stall should generally ensure the layout does not require stall employees to stand outside the curtilage of the stall to trade, provide a clear view of goods on sale to reduce the need for public to enter the stall area, and the handling of stock. It is recommended where possible, trading from behind a counter or table which will promote social distancing and prevent customers handling goods should be implemented where possible.
- The management of the social distancing of queuing of customers, and particularly the conflict that may arise with other stalls, the queues for other stalls or premises, and with members of the public passing the market area.
- When hand washing is required and the amount and location of adequate hand washing/sanitisation facilities/products to be provided.
- The use of cashless transactions where possible.
- The provision and use of PPE where required.
Brentwood Retail and Farmers Market is held every Friday and Saturday in the High Street.
The market gives the public the opportunity to purchase value for money food and goods not always available in the shops.
For further information, including where street trading is prohibited and how to apply for consent in those roads where it is permissible please view our Street and Market Trading Policy in Brentwood High Street.
For enquiries regarding the High Street markets please email email@example.com or view the Street Trading section of this website.