Make a Payment
Data Protection and Privacy Notice
In order to use the forms below to make a payment, we may ask for some personal information (such as name, address, postcode, email address).
This information will be held securely and will be used to verify your transaction.
We may share your personal data between our services and with partner organisations, such as government bodies and the police. We will do so when it is of benefit to you or required by law or to prevent or detect fraud.
Any processing of your data will be performed in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
We do not store any sensitive payment card data, nor do any 3rd party suppliers that process your data on our behalf.
For further information, and to find details of your rights and how we process personal data, please go to www.brentwood.gov.uk/privacy
Direct Debit – If you make regular payments for Council Tax, Housing Rent or Business Rates, why not pay by Direct Debit? We can automatically collect agreed payments. To submit a Direct Debit form online please select one of the following links:
As from tomorrow (Thursday 19th March 2020) all Town Hall reception services will be available online or by telephone (01277 312500). Please do not visit the Town Hall.
- Building Notice - online application
- Building Control Full Plans Submission - online application
- Planning Application Payment Form
- Pre-Application Advice Meeting Form
- Regularisation Certificate - online application
- Bulky Household Waste Collection (also known as Special Collection)
- Enforcement Fixed Penalty Notice
- Green Waste Wheeled Bin
- Request a Copy of a Tree Preservation Order
- Trade Waste Sack Order form
Licensing - Alcohol, Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment
- Amend/Request a Copy of a Personal Licence
- Application to Request a Replacement Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate
- Club Premises Certificate Application
- Minor Variation of a Premises Licence
- Notification of Change in Name and or Address of a Designated Premises Supervisor
- Notification of Change in Name and or Address of a Premises Licence Holder
- Personal Licence Application
- Premises Licence Application
- Temporary Event Notice
- Transfer of Premises Licence Application Form
- Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor
- Variation of a Premises Licence
Licensing – Taxis and Minicabs
- Miscellaneous (DBS, Door Signs, DVLA check, Knowledge test re-sit, Plate Holders,Replacements) Payment Form
- Taxi Driver Licence – Apply or Renew
- Taxi Vehicle Licence – Apply or Renew
- Penalty Charge Notice (received in a car park)
- Penalty Charge Notice (received on the street) (administered by Chelmsford City Council for South Essex Parking Partnership)
- Renew Car Park Season Ticket
Telephone – 0345 200 1173 is our dedicated 24 hour automated telephone line for payments. (Currently available for Council Tax, car park parking fines, housing rent, housing benefit overpayment, Council invoices and business rates).
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 40p per minute depending on your network provider. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
“PayPoint” – Please note that due to the Council receiving notice from their suppliers PayPoint payment facilities for Council Tax payments will be withdrawn from 31st March 2017. As such you will no longer be able to use your Council Tax PayPoint payment card to make payments from this date.
If you wish to apply for a payment card to pay Housing Rent, please complete a PayPoint application form.
Home or telephone banking
The Council’s bank is:
Lloyds Bank PLC
Sort Code: 30-91-17
Account Number: 01731291
Account Name: Brentwood Borough Council
Reference No. - Please quote your reference number e.g. Council Tax number
Alternatively - You can pay by debit/credit card over the phone for Council services (office hours only) by contacting the relevant Council department.
By cheque – Like many organisations, we prefer people to make payment by electronic methods rather than by cheque, if possible. If you do not have bank account or credit/debit card – you can buy a postal order from your local post office.
Cheque and postal order payments should be made out to Brentwood Borough Council and sent to the Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY (please write on the reverse your name/address and the reference number you are paying for).