Housing Register - HomeOption
Once you have applied to and been accepted onto the Housing Register (as a 'Home Seeker') or Transfer List ('Transfer'), you can express an interest in properties. This is also called bidding for properties.
All available properties are advertised fortnightly on the HomeOption website. The cycle will open on a Friday at 9am and close at 1pm the following Wednesday. Your expressions of interest must be registered before the 1pm deadline otherwise they will not be registered.
Each fortnight, you can express an interest in up to three properties in a number of ways:
- by telephone
- by text.
Please note: If expressing interest by text or telephone you must only express interest in the properties that you are eligible to express interest for and be in accordance with your bedroom need or the expression of interest will be ineligible.
We then offer the home to the applicant with the highest need, according to our Allocations Policy. If the applicant and the provider are both happy after the viewing that the household meets the criteria for the property and is suitable for it, a formal offer of a tenancy is usually made.
Which properties can I express an interest on?
You can express an interest in any type of property you are eligible for. You will be told what you are eligible for in a letter when you join the register.
Some restrictions do apply such as:
- you cannot bid on a property which is too big or too small for your needs
- adapted and will usually be reserved for people with disabilities
- some ground floor properties may be reserved for people with mobility needs
- sheltered accommodation is only available to people aged 65 or over or for applicants who meet the scheme's disability requirements
- some properties are age-restricted such as 50 +
- Transfer applicants will be prioritised for bungalows
Full details about how to express interest for a home are on the HomeOption website.