Visit the Gov.uk, Public Health England (PHE) and NHS for the latest advice on coronavirus (COVID-19).
In March 2020, we produced a Community Support Handbook (PDF) full of helpful advice and support, which you may still find useful.
Essex County Council providing useful updates across the county.
Public Health England has translated information on COVID-19 into 40 languages, for more information, visit NHS translations.
Free tests for coronavirus from the NHS have now ended for most people in England. A small number of people who are at high risk from coronavirus will still be able to get free tests. You can read more about the new testing guidance from the NHS.
NHS COVID-19 app
The NHS COVID-19 app helps with:
- test and trace
- alerts you if you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19
- information on symptoms
- keeping track of your isolation countdown
- accessing your digital COVID-19 pass
The app can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play stores. Search for NHS COVID-19 app.
Find out information on requirements and support for businesses by visiting Essex County Council.
COVID-19 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme
The Government Test and Trace Support Payment has ended. Further information is available on our COVID-19 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme web page.
Everyone aged 5 and over is being urged to arrange a jab if they have not had one as the NHS Covid Vaccination Programme, the biggest in health service history, begins the final push to protect the country.
Children aged 12-15 have been offered two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as part of the schools vaccination programme.
For more information about the vaccine roll out in Essex visit NHS COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Essex
Community help hubs
Do you need help with shopping, a friendly phone call, picking up medicines or other urgent supplies?
Community Help Hubs are here to support you
Across the Borough...
- Brentwood Borough Council - 01277 312500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentwood Mutual Aid - 01277 424953 email@example.com
- Foodbank - Doddinghurst Road Church - 01277 224528 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentwood Residents Action Group (BRAG) - 07961 972917
- Lighthouse Furniture Project (low cost furniture and electrical appliances) -01277 222050 email@example.com
- Manna Meals - (frozen meals, afternoon tea and befriending) - 07769 272488/07809 648541
In wards (office hours only)...
- Blackmore and Stondon Massey (including Hook End and Wyatts Green) St Laurence’s Church - 01277 821464 or 07894 948867 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doddinghurst - All Saints Church - 01277 821366 email@example.com
- Kelvedon Hatch - Good Neighbour Scheme - 01277 372447/01277 374319
- Ingatestone and Fryerning - Parish Council - 01277 676759 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mountnessing - Parish Council - 07453 712681 email@example.com
- Brentwood Central - Sawyers Church - 07817 961558 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentwood West - Brentwood Baptist Church - 07572 695459 email@example.com
- Hutton -St Peter’s Church/Daily Bread Cafe - 01277 262864 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Shenfield - St Mary’s Church - 01277 212948 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warley - Christ Church - 075147 82389 email@example.com/revdsj2@gmail..com
- Herongate and Ingrave - St Nicholas ’Church - 01277 811543/07446 068293 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Warley and Childerditch - Village Committee - 01277 418300 email@example.com
- South Weald - St Peter’s Church - 01277 212054 firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Horndon - Parish Council - 07756 962034 - email@example.com
Mental health support...
- For crisis advice and support call NHS 111, press option 2
- Vita Minds - 01268 977171 8am-8pm Mon-Fri and 9.30am-12.30pm Saturday
- Samaritans - call 116123
- Age UK Advice Line - 0800 6781602
- Citizens Advice Brentwood -Free phone 0808 2787877 9-5pm Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings
- Thurrock and Brentwood MIND - 01277 503219, 9am-9pm Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Fri, 9am-1pm Sat.
If you are interested in local volunteering opportunities visit www.brentwoodcvs.org.uk or call 01277 222299
How can you help
- Keep up to date with information and public health advice
- Download and share the Community Support Booklet
- Please try to pay, report or apply for services online
Register to become a NHS volunteer
Vaccine site volunteers required to help with marshalling and supporting less mobile residents around the site as well as handling out refreshments and chatting whilst they have their jab and are observed by clinical staff. Telephone Brentwood Mutual Aid on 01277 424 953 for further information.
Your data during the coronavirus crisis
We have prepared a privacy notice (pdf) to advise how we will deal with your data during the current Coronavirus crisis.