Your recycling collections have changed!
In August 2020, recycling collections changed to reusable blue and white sacks to help our environment and help you recycle more.
The new collection service brings benefits all round and is:
Good for the planet by:
- Reducing the amount of single-use plastic we use in our borough by cutting out the need for 3.5million single use orange plastic bags a year.
- Reusable sacks are better for the environment and are a positive step towards a more sustainable future for us all.
Good for the pocket by:
- The new collection service is a part of the Council’s efficiency savings and will help bridge the £1million gap in government funding, by generating a saving of around £100,000 a year.
- There is no need to purchase rolls of orange sacks every year, which is good for the pocket.
We would like to say a big ‘Thank you’ to you all for embracing the change and showing your support by using the collection service to recycle more.
Not received your new sacks?
We delivered the new blue and white reusable sacks, along with a leaflet and collection calendar to every household in June and July. If you have not received yours, please contact us on 01277 312500.
Do you live in a flat and/or receive a communal waste and recycling collection?
We are gradually making our way round the borough to change over the bins in communal collection areas and you will receive a letter when the bins in your area are changed over.
The current bins used for the orange sacks will be removed and replaced with separate bins for “Cans and Plastic” and “Paper and Card”. The bin lids will be locked and have a slot to place your recycling into.
On request, we will be happy to provide the reusable bags to store your recycling in and to help you carry the recyclables to the communal bin area. Alternatively, you may wish to utilise your own smaller bins or bags for internal storage of your recycling, before depositing it into the communal bins.
You will receive a letter with detailed information when the bins in your area are changed. Until then, please continue to recycle using the orange sacks. If you require additional orange sacks before your bins are changed over, please contact us on 01277 312500.
Need another reusable recycling sack?
Please complete our online form below:
What to do with left over orange bags?
Please do not use them for any of your kerbside collection services. You can use them for other things such as storage or taking items to a charity shop.
Find out more about how Brentwood recycles:
- My blue recycling sack
- My white recycling sack
- My food waste collection
- My garden waste collection
- My glass collection
- My textile collection
- My black sack collection