Council Budgets & Spending
Brentwood Borough Council strives to provide high quality, efficient and value for money services and seeks continuous improvement in service delivery to meet the needs of the community.
Public Inspection Notice
Brentwood Borough Council – Statement of Accounts 2017-18
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Ernst & Young of 400, Capability Green, Luton, LU1 3LU.
From Friday 1 June 2018 to Thursday 15 June 2018, the the accounting records and related documents of the Council for the year ended 31 March 2018 will be available for inspection in exercise of the rights of interested parties under section 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014,
These rights are as follows:
- to inspect the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents), and
- to make copies of all or any part of those records or documents.
Note that section 26 contains prohibitions on inspecting any part of a record or document containing information that is protected on the grounds of commercial confidentiality or that contains personal information.
Any persons wishing to exercise their rights of inspection contact the Finance Department (01277 312685) to make an appointment, giving a minimum of 24 hours notice.
During the inspection period, local electors (or their representative) have the following rights under the 2014 Act:
- to be given the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records (section 26 of the 2014 Act):
- to make an objection to the auditor which concerns a matter in respect of which the auditor could make a public interest report or could apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful (section 27 of the 2014 Act).
Any person wishing to question the auditor should contact Ernst and Young at the address given above to make arrangements to ask questions.
Under section 27, any proposed objection, and the grounds on which it is being made must be submitted in writing to the Auditor and copied to to the Council at the address below. Written notices must comply with the requirements of regulation 17 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
29 May 2018
Jacqueline Van Mellaerts, Interim Chief Finance Officer, Brentwood Borough Council
View the Draft Statement of Accounts 2017-18 (unaudited and awaiting approval by Audit and Scrutiny Committee)
Statement of Accounts
- Statement of Accounts for year ended 31st March 2017
- Statement of Accounts for year ended 31st March 2016
- Statement of Accounts for year ended 31st March 2015
- Statement of Accounts for year ended 31st March 2014
Annual Audit Letter