Homelessness - Ex-armed forces
If you are a former member of the armed forces who is now homeless, or if you are planning to leave the armed forces and facing the threat of becoming homeless, you may wish to approach the Housing Solutions service for assistance and advice. You can self-refer through our online portal:
Approaches for homelessness advice and support
If you approach us for assistance, the Housing Options team may consider:
- How long you were in the armed forces and what role you had
- Whether you spent any time in a military hospital
- If you have been issued a medical history release form and released from service on medical grounds
- How long it has been since you left the armed services
- Whether you have been able to find and maintain your own accommodation since leaving the armed forces
- Your existing support networks
Your Housing Advice & Homelessness Prevention Officer will discuss your housing options, providing advice and assistance.
Housing Register applications
If you make a housing register application you may qualify under the armed forces local residence exceptions. Apply to be on the Housing Register.