Grounds Street Care Operator
Grade C: SCP 15 - 19
Closing Date: 11th August, 2017
Interview Date: To be advised
Contact: Stuart Anderson on 01277 312 654
Click the link below to submit your application
(Starting salary dependent upon skills and qualifications, progression subject to satisfactory performance)
Brentwood Borough Council is seeking to recruit a Grounds Street Care Operator to be based at Warley Depot, Brentwood, on a rolling 12 month fixed term contract.
The applicant will among other duties, participate in all aspects of Street Scene operations including the following; litter picking, trimming and cutting back vegetation, grass cutting and assisting with horticultural displays around the Borough and assisting within the Councils cemeteries including aiding grave digger.
The Personal Specification for the successful candidate includes the following:
- Experience in use of hand held horticultural equipment
- Experience of gardening and grass cutting in open spaces
- Driving license, with ability to tow trailers.
- High level of commitment and positive "can do" attitude
- Needs to be flexible in the approach to tasks and work schedules consistently maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
- Good Customer Care skills as front line staff with daily contact with residents.
To apply for this vacancy using our quick and easy on-line application method, click on the Apply Online link above. Alternatively, please contact Human Resources, Britannia House, Mere Way, Ruddington, Nottingham NG11 6JS. You can also telephone 0115 977 6850 or email brentwoodBC@mhr.co.uk to request for further information or an application form.
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.