- Anti Fraud Policy - July 2019 (1.05 Mb)
Fraud Investigation and Prosecution
The Transparency Code 2015 requires the Council to publish information about fraud prevention. Suspected Housing Benefit fraud is now investigated by the Department of Work and Pension.
- Total number of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud - Absolute - 2; Full time equivalent - 0.6
- Total number of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists - Absolute - 2; Full time equivalent - 0.6
- Total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud - £69,000 (April 2018 - April 2019)
- Total number of fraud cases investigated - 309 (April 2018 - April 2019))
To report an instance of fraud, please visit the Report Fraud page.