- This Website
- Registers of Licences
Scrap Metal Dealers Site Licence
All sites within Brentwood where you carry out the business of a scrap metal dealer need a licence issued by us. You will need to identify all the sites at which you wish to operate as a scrap metal dealer, and name a site manager for each site.
Once granted a licence, you will be permitted to operate from those sites, including transporting scrap metal to and from those sites within Brentwood.
The licence is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Following submission of your application and receipt of your payment, a member of the Licensing Team will contact you to arrange an appointment, to which you must bring documents to verify the name and residential address of those listed in the application.
To verify a person's full name, photograph and date of birth, the following documents will be acceptable:
- A valid UK passport;
- A valid passport issued by an EEA state;
- A valid Great Britain or Northern Ireland photo-card driving licence; or
- A valid UK biometric immigration document.
To verify a person's full name and residential address, the following documents will be acceptable:
- A bank or building society statement;
- A credit or debit card statement;
- A council tax demand letter or statement; or
- A utility bill, but not a mobile phone bill.