1. The number of road legal electric powered vehicles the council currently owns, manages or leases.
2. The latest recorded figure for the council's population to the nearest thousand.
* 'electric powered' refers to vehicles which purely run on an electric battery (not hybrid cars which combine a battery with a combustion engine).
* 'road legal' refers to cars which are registered to drive on public roads not vehicles such as golf buggies which are only legal for use on private land.
If the decision is made to withhold some of this data using exemptions in the Data Protection Act, please inform me of that fact and cite the exemptions used.
If some parts of this request are easier to answer than others, I would ask that you release the available data as soon as possible.
If you need any clarification then please do not hesitate to contact me. Under Section 16 it is your duty to provide advice and assistance and so I would expect you to contact me if you find this request unmanageable in any way.
Following your Freedom of Information request, please find responses to your two questions below:-
1. The number of road legal electric powered vehicles the council currently owns, manages or leases:-
The Council currently does not own or lease any Electric Vehicles
2. The latest recorded figure for the council's population to the nearest thousand: -
The latest published population figures derive from the 2011 Census and can be accessed on the Office for National Statistics website at: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/index.html.
The 2011 Census found the population of Brentwood Borough to be 73,601. The latest ONS 2013 Mid-Year Estimate puts this figure at 74,460.”