Public Sector FOI Request: We are making a request under the freedom of information act 2000.
This request specifically relates solely to the issue of licensing for Hackney and Private Hire drivers
1. Please provide a fully copy of your current policy and procedure to approve / appoint / issue a hackney or private hire badge.
2. Please confirm the current number of Hire drivers currently approved for;
1. Hackney Hire
2. Private Hire
3. Private Ambulance
3. Please confirm current number of licence applications received;
1. Number of new Hackney & Private Hire licence applications annually for the past three years, or for the period of a licence usually issued.
2. Number of new Hackney & Private Hire licence applications granted for the past three years, or for the period of a licence usually issued
3. Number of new Hackney & Private Hire licence renewed annually for the past three years, or for the period of a licence usually issued
4. Please confirm the precise method of checking a driving licence for all approved badge holders.
1. Physical inspection of Counterpart and Photocard
1. Do you have a plan in place for when the DVLA stop issuing Counterparts in 2015
2. Please confirm if you require the licenced holder to provide evidence of his/her driving licence being checked using a DVLA service
1. Use of consent for D796 personally
2. Use telephone conference service
3. Please confirm if you submit D796 in the name of the Local Authority direct to DVLA and receive a data subject disclosure document.
4. Please confirm if you use a third party organisation registered with DVLA EDECS service.
5. Please confirm if you use a service other than those described in c or d above.
5. How frequently is a badge holder driving licence checked or rechecked?
3. At renewal of badge
4. Other frequency periods, if so please state.
6. At what level of conviction(s) or penalty points would a badge holder be revoked?
7. Is the cost of initial and further DVLA licence checks or rechecks passed on to the badge holder, shared costs or paid in full by the authority?
8. Do you currently use a ‘licence system’ such as IDOX Lalpac, Uniform, Diamond service or similar
1. Please provide the name of the service provider and service used
2. Does this service include driving licence checking services
3. If no to b. would it benefit the authority if a driving licence checking service was to be included within this type of solution, assuming the cost benefits where acceptable?
· United Kingdom
see Email above