This request is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and further to a decision of the Information Tribunal in England and the London Borough of Bexley v Information Commissioner 2007. In accordance with the above, I hereby request a list of Business Rate accounts that meet the following criteria:
· Current overpayment/credit shown for any financial year if credit balance hasn't been carried forward.
· Accounts where a 'write on' has been used since 1st April 2000 to cancel an overpayment which has not since been reversed.
I would request that the list contains the following information:
· Ratepayer name (Information is only requested where the ratepayer is a company and not an individual as I appreciate this is limited by the Data Protection Acts).
· Address of property concerned.
· Amount of overpayment/write on.
· If possible, the period/financial year relating to overpayment/credit/write on.
I would anticipate much of this information is available via regular management reports from your IT system and therefore is unlikely to exceed more than 18 hours of staff time as specified in the act to comply with this request. If you wish to raise a charge for the provision of this information, please confirm the amount and method of payment required.
If the information is to be provided, the preference for format would be an excel spreadsheet submitted by email.
I regret that at present I am unable to supply the information requested as the Department is awaiting the installation of an updated programme to facilitate the extraction of such data and the compilation of lists and reports.
Please feel free to check the situation by emailing me prior to re-submitting any requests