Rescue Max Vehicles
* Who funded the purchase of these vehicles?
* Why and when did it become the task of the Fire Service to carry out work of this nature when it has in the past been the responsibility of said council, and is funded by the public under 'Council Tax' charges?
* This year Ingatestone & Fryerning Parish Council were offered by Brentwood Borough Council bags of salt to distribute and were not informed of this vehicles, can Parish Councils request the use of these?
* Out of whose funds are the staff using them, and the road salt being paid?
* How much was the cost of these?
* Which Authority decides on areas that are gritted.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information Request as detailed below regarding the Rescue Max vehicle. The Rescue Max vehicle is not the responsibility of Brentwood Borough Council, the project is funded by Essex Fire and Rescue service, so you therefore need to forward this Freedom of Information Request on to them please for them to respond to.
On point 3 -5 - Rock Salt offered to Parish Councils was from Essex County Council who are the authority responsible for gritting the County’s roads. Brentwood Borough Council assist on areas such as pathways to Schools/doctors surgery’s. Ward Members have in the past been allocated up to 15 bags of rock salt (that BBC obtain from ECC) which they can distribute to community groups within their wards as required.