Please provide details of any provisions in place by or available upon request from relevant persons within your local authority to:
1. assist your professionals to deal with actual or potential stress arising from court appearances on behalf of the local authority.
2. assist professionals such as social workers operate proficiently and professionally in court
3. assist social workers to operate in line with their statutory duties in public family law matters
1. The Council has a counselling service which officers can use anonymously for situations which could include stress as a result of court appearances. There is also support for stress at work within the Council’s HR microsite.
2. The Council does not employ any social workers as this is not within our remit however our officers have access to professional training as necessary for their personal development; I am aware that courses on specific subjects within Environmental Health for example have included mock court sessions and advice for officers attending court. Training and development needs are identified on an individual basis through the corporate appraisal system.
3. No social workers employed at BBC