1) Does the council have any dealings with genealogical company, probate specialist or genealogy firms?
2) What are the names of those companies?
3) For what purpose are those companies used?
4) Which department is in contact with that genealogical companies, probate specialists or genealogy firms?
5) Who and/or which department makes the executive decision to contact the genealogical companies, probate specialists or genealogy firms?
6) Provide the name of the council staff, job title, department, email and telephone number of the person who contacts the genealogical companies, probate specialists or genealogy firms.
7) Does the council use a particular company? If yes, what are the reasons behind them?
8) Does the council get paid from those companies?
9) If yes, in what format does the council receive the payment? And how much does the council get paid?
10) Does the council use the companies, probate specialists or firms when there is a public health funeral?
11) How many public health funerals have taken place over the past one year (from February 2013)?
a. Have the family been contacted by the council or the genealogy company?
b. If the family were contacted by someone other than the council or genealogy company, please state their contact details.
c. What is the name of the deceased?
d. Place of birth
e. Place of death
f. Date of birth
g. Date of death
h. Address (if known)
i. Has this information been sent to Treasury Solicitor, QLTR, NUHU< Crown Solicitor, Farrer & Co, or the equivalent of?
j. If yes, please state the date (if known).
k. What were the reasons for not sending it to the places mentioned in 11i?
l. If there have been funerals prior to February 2013, and it is still pending please provide details from 11a-k.
1. The only dealings with these companies is through any FOI requests they submit which are usually regarding Public Health Funerals, and so are directed to the website which now holds this information in the ‘Open Data’ section.
2. The requests are dealt with on a one by one basis and then the case closed when the FOI is responded to and so this information is not stored.
3. The Council answers any FOI requests they may have.
4. The Cemeteries Department would generally receive any FOI requests from genealogical companies.
5. The Council does not contact these companies; they submit the requests to us.
6. Again, we do not contact them.
7. Not applicable.
9. Not applicable.
10. No, it would be for the environmental health department to ascertain if there are any next of kin who are contactable.
11. Over the past year there has been one Public Health Funeral conducted by Brentwood Council.
a. No next of kin was known.
b. Not applicable
c. Mr Peter Dance
e. Hawthorn Avenue, Brentwood
g. 4th November 2013
h. 9 Hawthorn Avenue, Brentwood
i. Yes, to the Crown Solicitor, by the Environmental Health Department
j. Not applicable
k. Not applicable
l. Not applicable