1. Is your Winter Maintenance service provided by a 'Private Contractor' or is it an 'In-house' operation?
2. If the service is provided by a 'Private Contractor', please can you provide the following information?
Private Contractor's Name:
Contract Start date: DD/MM/YYYY
Contract End date: DD/MM/YYYY
Is there any contract extension(s) that may arise?
3. If the service is provided 'In-house', please can you tell me who is responsible for the management of the service? And what are their names and positions?
Head of Service:
4. What was the total budget of the winter maintenance service for the last three financial years?
2011/12 annual budget was:
2012/13 annual budget was:
2013/14 annual budget was:
5. How many 'primary gritting routes' does the council have?
Number of primary gritting routes:
6. How many gritting vehicles does the council use when treating the 'primary gritting routes'?
Number of vehicles used to treat these primary routes is:
7. How many miles do these 'primary gritting routes' cover?
Number of miles covered is:
8. What company/ resource(s) provides the council with weather forecast information to help make winter maintenance decisions?
Met Office: Yes/ No
Metro Group: Yes/ No
Others (Please specify)
Following your Freedom of Information request I can advise that is the Highway Authority at Essex County Council not the local Borough Council who has the responsibility for the winter maintenance of roads in Brentwood; therefore you will need to forward on your request direct to them to respond. The generic email for requests is email@example.com