I am currently carrying out a review of how many local councils in the UK have defibrillators/AED and where these are located. I would appreciate if you would answer the following questions.
1. Please supply a list of all your leisure centres/swimming pools. If they have a definrillator/AED its make/model and approximate age.
Name of leisure centre Does it have and AED. Please advise if there is more than one unit at this location Make and model of AED Approximate Age of AED Has it ever been used Was the patient outcome successful Has there been a cardiac arrest in the last 5 years that would have benefitted from an AED at this location.
2. Please supply a list of all your schools and colleges and if they have a defibrillator/AED; its make/model and approximate age.
3. Please supply a list of council premises which either have a defibrillator/AED onsite or you believe would benefit from an AED/defibrillator onsite.
5. Does the council work with any charities/local organisations to place defibrillator/AEDs in the schools, community or council premises?
6. Do you have a contract for the supply of defibrillator/AEDs who is it with and when does it expire?
7. Who is responsible for the defibrillator/AED and the training with your organisations?
8. Is the council looking to buy any defibrillators/AEDs in the next 2 years? If so where are these intended to be placed?
Name of leisure centre Does it have and AED. Please advise if there is more than one unit at this location Make and model of AED Approximate Age of AED Has it ever been used Was the patient outcome successful Has there been a cardiac arrest in the last 5 years that would have benefitted from an AED at this location
Brentwood Centre* Yes Cardio machine is a Cardio Science model
2 years old Yes. Used twice in the pool and once on the football pitch
Yes. An AED has been in place since 2006
* Please not that Brentwood Centre is part of Brentwood Leisure Trust – a charitable trust. Please contact them directly for any more information.
Q2. Brentwood Borough Council does not manage schools or colleges. Please contact Essex County Council for that information.
Q3. Currently no Council premises have a defibrillator/AED on site.
Q5. A Defibrillator was funded by local organisation Brentwood First Responders to place a unit in Brentwood High Street in 2013.
Q6 – No
Q7 – Training for the defibrillators in Brentwood High Street was carried out by Brentwood First Responders
Q8 – No
Q9 – No